Monday, March 17, 2008

My Dad has the Midas Touch.....I'm Jealous


Johnny and I have tried to keep my family close at hand since I moved down here and especially since Daegan was born. I know, 60 miles isn't much...it is only an hour but sometimes it feels like hundres of miles. Anyway we try to see my parents every other weekend in the summer and a little less in the winter because we are all very careful to what we expose my dad to.
I hold my father very high up in my life and my goal was that Daegan has as high of a regard for his Papaw as I do. My dad being older and not of good health I wasn't sure how this was going to work out.....As you can clearly see, I think that it has happened. Daegan acts and talks as though he sees my parents on a daily basis and it really does my heart good.
This picture in particular makes me a little jealous. It has been literally a year or more since my son has fallen asleep in my arms . Not even when he had his tonscils out did he cling to me.
I know that this was hard for my dad to do. Not because he didn't want to but because Daegan is so heavy and my dad has arthritis so bad that he has almost no joints anymore but Daegan was exhausted and needed his papaw.
My dad is currently undergoing some tests to possibly have part of his lung removed. Please Pary for him.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Your dad seems like a really great man! And there is nothing like being a daddy's girl!

You do keep things interesting.... every time I have lookes at your blog, the layout changes..... How is one able to keep up?? ha ha

Amanda said...

Maybe I have ADHD? hehe I get bored looking at the same page every day. And besides You got me started on this thing. It is really easy and I just cant help myself:) I'm sure the readers don't think I have very interesting material though.