Thursday, May 8, 2008

Favorite "Mom" Memories



Since Sunday is Mother's Day I thought we should try something fun. Just for kicks lets all post our favorite, most tear jerking, heartfelt or what we thought to be the most embarrasing moment in our lives at the time "mom memory". Now I know I don't have a lot of blog readers so please pass this site on to your friends and family and for fun lets see how many "laughing so hard I cried" moments we can get posted.

I'll go first....If any of you have mother's like mine you could fill page after page but I'll only mention a few.....

1) A few months ago when we had snow my mom at the age of 70+ went down a hill on a saucer crashing into a fence at the bottom to stop. It was great and Daegan will probably always remember it.

2) The most annoying thing was when I was still at home driving (which I have been doing since I was 8) to town if an animal crossed the road and she didn't think you were gonna stop whe would gasp real loud and throw her arm across you..Like that was gonna keep you from hitting the windshield!

3) The funniest was anytime we went mushroom hunting with my mom....OMG! To get across the crick without laughing until you peed your pants was a feat in itself! My mom has a "crazy cackle" laugh!

4) This is not really a "mom memory" as in not something she did for or to me but a look on her face. I will never forget how beautiful and radiant my mother looked when at her 50th wedding anniversary party my father (who was not in good health and could barely walk) danced with her! It was Amazing!

5) The last thing I will say is that even though we don't alway see eye to eye she believes in me. Even when I don't believe in myself! And she is thrilled to have Daegan as a grandson and it shows by her actions and the look on her face when he walks in the door of her house and says "Hi Mamaw"!

2 comments:

Jess said...

Great idea! That was fun... thanks;)

Mrs4444 said...

I love your idea, too! And I love your mom, just from reading your memories. She reminds me of mine! I'd like to share this post with you (it's about my mom and would fit with your theme today, kind of)

http://mrs4444.blogspot.com/search?q=Elsie+Mae