Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Meet The Felon


So have any of you had to bail a member of your family out of jail? Well, this afternoon I got the pleasure of "bailing" our dog Shambles out of "Doggy Prison"! I have discovered that dogs are much like children in the sense that if they don't get their way they pout and run away from home.

We went camping last weekend for a couple of days and the dogs had to stay home. So last night when Johnny walked to the store the dog decided he would go on his own little "journey". He left the yard, which is something he almost never does unless he is pouting and went for a little walk up to the BP. We discovered he was gone and spent almost 2 hours in the car looking for him. We were told by several people that he was at the BP but we could never find him.

Now I don't know if you can tell by the picture but he is not a little dog. He is more like a monster. A Lazy Monster. We couldn't figure out why he would even get off the sidewalk...that's how lazy he is.

Anyway...much to our dismay we were unable to locate him last night...So today after lunch I called the animal control officer who asked me if he was a big black dog with a red collar...I said yes he is big, yes he is black, no he didn't have a collar (I know, my bad)..so his next question was is he very big, long haired, and black? I answered yes to all he then proceeded to tell me he must be old because he sure didn't get in a hurry to do anything! Yep! My DOG! LAZY! (should have been his name) So I drove out to "doggy prison" picked up my dog and home we went!

SO now he is grounded! How pathetic is that? He now has his collar on, is safe and warm in his own home and at the present is at my feet on his fluffy pillow, snoring and dreaming (must be chasing a rabbit cause he is running in his sleep!) I hope he had fun because I didn't sleep at all last night worrying about the damn dog! Oh well, glad to have him home and thanks to the animal control officer who decided since we spent 2 hours worth of effort in the car looking for the dog he would not charge us his "bond", which was supposed to be $25.00 for his first offense! Thank You Mr. Watson!

0 comments: